If you’ve been following the blog, you will have read many stories of how the Dialogue Road Map has been used in a variety of situations
Here’s your chance to meet some of the people in person, celebrate our 10 year anniversary and help us imagine the next 10 years at our very first fundraising event:
We can’t make this evening a success without your help. Please read on…
Now, with the whole-hearted backing of its Governor, Deputy Governor and Managing Chaplain, Dartmoor Prison wants to be able to give every prisoner and member of staff Dialogue Road Map training and apply it through a variety of in-prison and through-the-gate projects. This is a 2 year undertaking.
Our intention is to create a culture change on the inside which translates into self-responsibility on release so that we reduce violence in society and therefore reduce the number of victims. We want to make sure that this training reaches prisoners before they re-offend. With such high re-offending rates, it’s crucial that we reach people in prison before release.
Centre for Peaceful Solutions 10 Year Anniversary Celebration, Live Mediation Theatre & Dinner
Wednesday 28th September at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts, London.
The evening will include:
- Live Unscripted Mediation Theatre with guest star to be announced
- Vegetarian family style meal kindly provided by the legendary Yotam Ottolenghi
- Speech by Bridie Oakes-Richards, Governor, HM Prison Dartmoor
- Auction with the chance to bid for music and toy boxes made exclusively for this event Dartmoor prisoners and decorated by artists
- ‘Sneak Preview’ exhibition of prison photographs commissioned and kindly donated by Royal Photographer Hugo Burnand
- Special guest host for the evening
- Our events team will be able to answer any questions you may have and help with arrangement.
Many thanks for your support
If you enjoy reading this blog, please consider making a donation to the Centre for Peaceful Solutions. If you think someone else would enjoy reading this blog post, please share it.