The Dialogue Road Map (DRM), is based on a set of core principles which inform our attitude to life and how we navigate our relationships. The Dialogue Road Map produces a mindful approach to self talk, interpersonal communication and conflict resolution and uses precision in language to get clarity on how others receive us.
The core training is a 3 day foundation course which forms the basis of further training for its use in specific situations.
The next dates are to be announced – Please click here to contact us and ask to be added on to our mailing list.
Words are Windows or Walls: 3 day introduction to the Dialogue Road Map
This course focusses on addressing conflict with skill, finesse and compassionate communication. Maria Arpa introduces her unique communication tool, which transforms resistance and hostility into engagement and co-operation.
The training examines underlying blocks to communication and provides practical techniques for making progress in a difficult conversation.
- Proven skills to use in conflict situations
- Effective tools to de-escalate disputes
- Techniques to manage conflict behaviour
- Live exercises in dealing with disputes
This training includes:
- A grounding in nonviolence and its place in conflict resolution
- How needs-based theory helps communication
- Why people choose to fight
- Finding your compassionate self in a heated dispute
- Awareness of the role of a mediator
- Practice using the Dialogue Road Map
NEW for 2018: The Dialogue Road Map Facilitator Course:
The search is on for a group of 12 people who want to become Dialogue Road Map Mediator Facilitators. This is a very rare opportunity to invest in your personal growth and professional development leading to a healthier and more balanced life and the option to set yourself up as self-employed in private practice offering a much needed service to our society.
Please read on and get in touch if you want to be kept informed as we begin the selection process. We’re looking for people who want to practice compassionately holding the space for transformation whilst maintaining boundaries, giving great client service and being sustainable. You will become part of a small, trusted group and so there will be a selection process and not everyone who applies will be accepted.
There are no set dates until we find our group but we aim to begin before the end of the year. Fees will be payable on a termly basis with 3 terms over the year.
At the end of this training you will be ready to offer your services to clients in private practice as a mediator facilitator for the following applications:
- Communication between parents and children for example helping parents set and maintain healthy boundaries without force or coercion.
- Intimate partner relationships for example assisting a couple to make better quality agreements
- Family dialogue for example helping a family have a conversation during or after a critical or difficult time
- Friendship and Partnership disagreements for example working out how to resolve a trust issue
- Workplace conflict for example working with colleagues who need to work together but have fallen out
- Neighbour disputes for example dealing with the problems of living in close proximity to neighbours with differing values
- Extended family interference for example managing communication with a dominant family member
- Individual transformative work for example helping an individual make changes or become unstuck from a current position.
This will be a one year training with for a small, select group who wish to work self-employed in private practice.
The course will comprise of:
- 18 days of training over one year
- 3 weekends of community and practice time
- One to one coaching sessions.
- Opportunities to see the work in action.
- Opportunities to be part of the team at Dartmoor Prison
Optional post training sign up:
- Ongoing supervision, training and practice
- Working under the DRM and Peaceful Solutions brand as part of our network with use of the logo
- Being named as a DRM approved mediator facilitator
- Being recommended and endorsed by Maria Arpa and Peaceful Solutions
- Support with marketing and guidance on running your practice
- Inclusion in our policies and procedures
- Support with obtaining a DBS check
- Opportunities to be part of the charitable work
- Opportunity to work towards becoming a trainer
We are aiming to begin our selection for the DRM Facilitator Course this Autumn, with the first term of learning beginning January 2019. Do contact us if you have any questions about what is involved, or if you would be interested in being considered for this unique programme.