20 years of research and practice by Maria at the Centre for Peaceful Solutions led to the understanding that some essential communication skills are missing for most of us.
Whether within our families or relationships, with our clients, in disputes or in education, conversations don’t always go the way that we would like and can leave us feeling disempowered, judged or misunderstood or lacking in the connection we seek.
In response to this all too common dilemma, Maria developed the Dialogue Road Map.
Become a DRM Practitioner
The DRM is Universal wherever there are human relationships that need to continue.
These are some of the settings in which it is currently being applied:
- Couples, Families and Parenting
- Connecting with Children and Young People
- Divorce and Separation
- Gang Related Rivalries
- Neighbourhood Disputes
- Victim / Offender work
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Mental health, Addictions and Substance misuse
- Mental Healthcare
- Ex-offender rehabilitation
DRM Core Training
- Improve the quality of the conversations you have
- Communicate so everyone trusts they have been heard and understood
- Get engagement even in the face of hostility, anger or resistance.
- Be in authentic dialogue not adversarial positions and notice the difference
- Develop your empathy and listening skills
- Build meaningful relationships
- Feel empowered to express yourself effectively
- Trust in self efficacy even when ambivalence is present.
- Create outcomes that everyone involved feels ownership of.